ARRL Charles Clarke Cordle Memorial Scholarship
- Amount:$1,000 /Deadline: December 31
- Requirements: Must be a resident of Georgia or Alabama; must be a high school senior; must be an active, FCC-licensed ham; minimum 2.5 GPA; preference given to students of electronics, communications, or related fields.
Bill Kirk Scholarship Endowment
- Amount: $1,000/Deadline: January 15
- Requirements: Open to high school seniors who are members of FFA and pursuing a four year degree in agricultural education or agricultural sciences; minimum GPA of 3.5.
Birdsong Peanuts Scholarship (FFA)
- Amount:$1,000 / Deadline: January 15
- Requirements: High school senior who is a resident of Alabama, Florida, or Georgia and a member of FFA pursuing a degree in agriculture or agribusiness. Applicant’s family must be a peanut producer.
UofA Heritage Scholarship
- Amount: $500 for freshman year/ Deadline: January 15
- Requirements: Must be a child or grandchild of an University of Alabama alumnus; parent or grandparent must hold a degree from UA; parent or grandparent must be an active member of the National Alumni Association for three out of the five past calendar years preceding student’s entrance year at UA.
Alfa Foundation Scholarship Program
- Amount: 100 awards of $1,000 / Deadline: January 31
- Requirements: Must be an Alabama high school senior with a 2.75 minimum GPA; must have a current Alabama Farmers Federation Membership issued in his/her name; Alfa Mutual Insurance employees and their dependent children are eligible to apply.
- Amount: 10 awards of $5,000 / Deadline: February 12
- Requirements: Must be a high school senior and be the primary account holder of an account at MAX; minimum 2.75 GPA; planning to attend a college/trade school in Alabama.
Alabama Bankers Association Bankers to Leaders Scholarship
- Amount:$2,000 / Deadline: February 12
- Requirements:Must be a high school senior; parent of applicant must be employed full time at an Alabama Bankers Association member bank; minimum 2.75 GPA; *no scores required this year due to COVID.
American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year Scholarship
- Amount: $10,000 / Deadline: March 1
- Requirements: Be a registered, active member of a Scouts BSA Troop, Varsity Scout Team or Venturing Crew chartered to an American Legion post, American Legion Auxiliary unit, or Sons of The American Legion squadron.
Eastern Orthodox Committee on Scouting Scholarship
- Amount:$1,000/ Deadline: May 1
- Requirements: Must be a registered active member of an EOCS-recognized Scouting program: Scouts BSA (Boy Scouts), Venturing, Exploring, Girl Scouts of the USA, Trail Life USA, American Heritage Girls, and Camp Fire; must be a communicant in an Eastern Orthodox Christian Church recognized by the assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the USA.
Earl P. Andrews, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
- Amount: $1,500-$2,000/ Deadline: March 1
- Requirements: Must be a Montgomery County high school senior; minimum 23 ACT; minimum 3.5 GPA; minority student who demonstrates academic achievement and financial need.
National Italian American Foundation Scholarships
- Amount: Up to $12,000/ Deadline: March 1
- Requirements: Must be a high school senior, undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate, medical, or legal student; minimum 3.5 GPA; must have at least one ancestor who immigrated from Italy.
Korean-American Scholarship Foundation
- Amount: $500-$5,000/ Deadline: June 30
- Requirements: Must plan to be a full time Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, or Tennessee student; minimum 3.0 GPA; must demonstrate a need for financial aid.
Miss Indian Alabama Competition Scholarship
- Amount: $5,000/ Deadline: September 30
- Requirements: Must be a member of a state or federally recognized Indian Tribe; Alabama student and resident between the ages of 17 and 23; must be single; minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Amount: Up to $2,000/ Deadline: Varies
- Requirements: Must be an Alabama high school senior; enrolled in a federal/state recognized Tribe for a minimum of three years.
Yvonne Ballentine Memorial Reflections Scholarship
- Amount: $500/ Deadline: March 1
- Requirements: The scholarship is awarded to a high school senior who participated in the Reflections program.
Bernie Varnadore Scholarship Program
- Amount: 11 awards of $1,250/ Deadline: April 1
- Requirements: Must have participated in a franchised Dixie Boys Baseball program; have strong school and community leadership; must demonstrate financial need.
Specific Field of Study
Haynes Life Flight 2 Memorial Scholarship
- Amount: $2,000/ Deadline: March 1
- Requirements: Must be an Alabama high school senior; pursue a degree in nursing or EMT certification; minimum 3.0 GPA.
Alabama Home Builders Foundation Scholarship
- Amount: Varies/ Deadline: March 1
- Requirements: Must be an Alabama high school senior and resident of Alabama; must be enrolling in, or attending, an accredited junior college, technical school, or university in Alabama; must be enrolling in a residential construction-related curriculum.
Southern Automotive Women’s Forum
- Amount: $1,000-$5,000/ Deadline: March 12
- Requirements: Must be a female high school senior or graduate; enrolling in an Alabama college or university; minimum 2.5 GPA; must be pursuing a degree in a STEM or automotive field.
ACFEF Scholarships for Apprenticeship, Certificate, and Post-Secondary Degree Programs
- Amount: Up to $2,500/ Deadline: April 30
- Requirements: Scholarships are open to exemplary students who are currently enrolled in an accredited, post-secondary college, with a major in either culinary or pastry arts, or be an ACFEF registered apprentice.
ACEOA Educational Scholarship
- Amount:$1,000 to 5 students / Deadline: July 15
- Requirements: Limited to students pursuing careers in conservation, law enforcement, wildlife, or fishery sciences.
Go Build Alabama Student of the Month Scholarship
- Amount: $1,000/ Deadline: Monthly (September-April)
- Requirements: Must be a junior or senior interested in a career in the construction industry, ideally with plans to pursue after graduation; enrolled in related technical courses; scholarship dollars must be used at an educational institute or training program for construction-related training.
- Amount: $2,000-$4,000 (250 awarded)
- Deadline: February 25
- Requirements: Must be an Alabama high school senior or 1st time college freshman; plan to enroll in an Alabama educational institution; must demonstrate financial need; minimum 2.75 GPA; ACT score of 26 or below.
Kids Chance Scholarship
- Amount: $500-$2,500 / Deadline: May 1
- Requirements: Must be a legal resident of Alabama; must be a student whose parent or parents have been permanently disabled or killed on the job.
Alabama Scholarship for Dependents of Blind Parents
- Amount: Tuition and fees/ Deadline: June 30
- Requirements: Must be an Alabama student from a family in which the head of the family is blind and whose family income is insufficient to provide educational benefits.
Police Officers and Firefighters Survivors Educational Assistance Program
- Amount: Tuition, fees, books, and supplies
- Deadline: Varies
- Requirements: Must be a student who is a dependent of an Alabama police officer or firefighter killed in the line of duty.
Army Engineer Memorial Awards
- Amount: Varies/ Deadline: February 28
- Requirements: Available to qualifying high school seniors or graduates within one year of graduating.
The American Legion Legacy Scholarship
- Amount: Up to $20,000/ Deadline: April 15
- Requirements: Eligible for children of U.S. Military members who died while on active duty on or after September 11, 2001.
AFAS General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant Program
- Amount: $500-$4,000 / Deadline: April 30
- Requirements: Offered to eligible Air Force dependents (active duty).
Alabama G.I. Dependents’ Educational Benefit Program
- Amount: Tuition, fees, and book assistance
- Deadline: Varies
- Requirements: Must be an Alabama resident and a child of an eligible Alabama veteran.
“Don’t Wait to Reach Your Potential” Scholarship
- Amount: $500/ Deadline: January 6
- Requirements: Must be an Alabama high school student.
MKH Lawyers Driver Safety Scholarship
- Amount: 3 awards of $1,000-$2,000
- Deadline: April 10
- Requirements: Must be an Alabama high school senior.
- Amount: $1,000/ Deadline: May 5
- Requirements: Must be an Alabama high school student.
Many areas have education-based foundations that offer scholarships. See if there is one in your area:
- Central Alabama Community Foundation Scholarships: (Montgomery, Pike, and Lowndes County)
- Autauga Area Community Foundation Scholarships
- Elmore County Community Foundation Scholarships
- Anniston Community Foundation Scholarships
- Northeast Alabama Community Foundation Scholarships (Dekalb, Etowah, St. Clair, Cherokee, Calhoun, Cleburne, Talladega, Clay, or Randolph County)
- Southwest Alabama Community Foundation Scholarships (Coffee, Dale, Houston, Geneva, and Henry County)
- South Alabama Community Foundation Scholarships (Escambia, Mobile, Washington, Baldwin, Choctaw, Clarke, Monroe, or Conecuh County)
- Dothan Education Foundation