Companies That Invest In You
Did you know there are companies that will pay you a regular wage and help pay for your college on top of that? It’s true!
Did you know there are companies that will pay you a regular wage and help pay for your college on top of that? It’s true! Lots of companies offer tuition assistance programs to their employees. Here’s the catch: Most require you to have been working there for at least six months to a year to receive tuition benefits. Because you’ll need to have some skin in the game before you qualify, it’s a great option for high schoolers interested in making money and receiving assistance when they head off to college. If you’re a junior or senior looking to pick up a job this summer, consider putting in an application at one of these companies!
- Full- and part-time employees are eligible for Chipotle’s educational assistance program offered through Guild Education. You can receive up to $5,250 from Chipotle in tuition assistance each year. In addition, with each promotion you get, you earn more credit hours towards your degree.
- Details: careers.chipotle.com/benefits
- Salaried employees receive up to $5,000, full-time hourly workers receive up to $3,000, and part-time hourly workers can receive up to $1,500 in tuition assistance per year. 50% of the cost of tuition, books, and fees for approved courses can be reimbursed, and 50% of mandatory fees can be reimbursed up to $250 per semester.
- Details: livethehealthyorangelife.com/tuition_reimbursement
- There are dozens of corporate scholarships worth up to $25,000 available to Chick-fil-A employees. In addition, there’s a list of 100+ colleges that provide Chick-fil-A employees with tuition discounts and benefits.
- Details: chick-fil-a.com/Remarkable-Futures-Scholarships
- Every eligible full- or part-time employee receives 100% tuition coverage for a first-time bachelor’s degree through Arizona State University’s online program.
- Details: starbucks.com/careers/working-at-starbucks/ education
- Any associate with six months of continuous service who works an average of 10 hours a week is eligible to participate. You can receive up to $3,200 per year to pursue select degrees.
- Details: corporate.publix.com/careers/why-publix/ tuition-reimbursement
- Part-time employees can earn up to $5,250 a year for college— and you’re eligible to start the program on the day you’re hired!
- Details: jobs-ups.com/earn-and-learn
Even if your employer doesn’t offer tuition assistance, there’s a good chance they still offer some kind of scholarship to their employees. Ask your manager or check out the corporate website to see!