Scholarships aren’t always just about your GPA and ACT score— there are a ton of opportunities out there to earn money for college with your creative skills!
Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
- Award: Several awards of up to $10,000
- Deadline: Mid-September
- Requirements: Must be a student 13 or older; must submit a portfolio.
Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship
- Award: 5 awards of $1,000
- Deadline: May 31
- Requirements: Must be a high school senior; must be seeking a degree in visual arts; must submit a portfolio.
Annual Glenn Miller Scholarship Competition
- Award: Several awards of up to $3,000
- Deadline: March 4
- Requirements: Must be a high school senior; must submit two audition tracks and a statement of musical intention.
Dolphin Galleries Scholarship for the Visual and Creative Arts
- Award: $1,000
- Deadline: June 30
- Requirements: Must be a high school senior; must be planning to pursue an arts-related major or minor; must submit a portfolio.
Niche Art Scholarship
- Award: $500
- Deadline: December 31
- Requirements: Must be a high school student; must be considering attending an art school or pursuing an art-related major, including design, film/photography, fine arts, performing arts, music, and visual arts.
Ultimately, some of the best resources to land art scholarships are right nearby! Ask fellow art students, teachers, guidance counselors, and schools you’re interested in attending about institutional, organizational, or competitive scholarships.