The Mattress Nerd Sustainability Scholarship
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific Major.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
- Applicant must be someone who is promoting positive environmental change
Deadline: April 1, 2020
Administered by: Mattress Nerd
Mattress Nerd has been paying attention to the many voices of students across the globe who have recently been calling for a change in our living habits and the way we consume and recycle. We are working in an industry where new technology is being developed all of the time to ensure that mattresses will be longer-lasting and produced with more environmental materials, and we want to ensure that our readership understands the options available to them to be mindful with their mattress disposal. Despite the push in awareness regarding needed changes in how we dispose of our waste, we don’t believe there is enough information out there on the different ways of reusing and recycling our products when they are no longer of value to us. For this scholarship, we’d love to hear from more students with a dedication to sustainability and conscientious buying so we can build on our own knowledge and be a contributor to offering an insight on how people can live more environmentally friendly. The best essay will be awarded a $1000 scholarship for their contribution to this important cause.
This Scholarship or Award is not hosted by Potential Magazine or its associates. Please direct any questions or concerns associated with the above content towards its original provider- links or contact information to the scholarship administrators are provided above.
Check out our full listing of college scholarships featured in our weekly Countdown to College (C2C) e-newsletter here.